WELCOME TO MY ART WORLD!

Welcome to my Art World! This is where it's all about me! Seriously, this will be a journal of my life in my art world. I'll post my works in progress, talk about my feelings, share my plans, dreams, and goals. Facebook is OK, but here, it's more personal. I hope you enjoy it!

I hope you'll feel free to comment - I encourage you to do so.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Very busy day, but SO FUN!

I finished "Debbie's Daisies" today - a very special piece!

Debbie's Daisies

It dawned on me the other night; I also remembered something Mary said at the end of the workshop about my progressive glasses!  I forgot to change to my non-progressive glasses for the demo, so it could have been brighter.  I brightened the highlights in four spots on the painting, and NOW it's finished, and framed!

Cup Alla Prima

Then, I started the Cupcake painting!  I actually started it twice; the first canvas had some kind of weird flaw in it so I tossed it out and started over.  I got the first layer of paint on; it was a special, very decadent, many-caloried, gooey kind of cupcake!



Cupcake

After that, I went to Kennedy Gallery and worked there for a while.  It was pretty slow, but there is always the art to study; being around old art as well as new art is pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment