WELCOME TO MY ART WORLD!

Welcome to my Art World! This is where it's all about me! Seriously, this will be a journal of my life in my art world. I'll post my works in progress, talk about my feelings, share my plans, dreams, and goals. Facebook is OK, but here, it's more personal. I hope you enjoy it!

I hope you'll feel free to comment - I encourage you to do so.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Finished Frosting The Cake!

Whew!  I didn't think I was going to make it!  I worked on this for about 6 hours today!  I'm considering it finished; it says what I want it to say.  I'm not saying I'm perfectly happy with it; I never am!  I love the hands doing things theme!  Our hands have alot to do with making memories!  Hands are not the easiest thing to paint.  That's one of the reasons I love doing them; it's a challenge, and I'll never get it perfectly!  One of the paintings I saw at the deYoung Museum was a "masterpiece" of a woman sitting in a chair reading a book.  It was a side view.  I could tell the painter had trouble with the arm.  I could literally imagine him saying, "Well, that's as good as it's going to get; I'm considering it done!"  It made me feel SO good to imagine that!
Frosting The Cake


I'll be taking this into the gallery tomorrow, must put a "Wet Paint" sign on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment