WELCOME TO MY ART WORLD!

Welcome to my Art World! This is where it's all about me! Seriously, this will be a journal of my life in my art world. I'll post my works in progress, talk about my feelings, share my plans, dreams, and goals. Facebook is OK, but here, it's more personal. I hope you enjoy it!

I hope you'll feel free to comment - I encourage you to do so.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

10-29-09

I finally got a chance to paint after almost 2 weeks!!!  Sometimes life just gets in the way!  It was fun; I worked on the purple shoe - it's almost finished; just have some detail work left to do.  No, I'm not going to show the photo yet - but soon!  As I like to stand when I paint, I still need to take more breaks than before my foot surgery, but it's healing a little every day.

I've decided to make Phase II of the "Going for THE LOOK" Series "The Purses", Phase III will be "The Hats", Phase IV will be "The Dresses", and Phase V will be "The Jewelry".  Of course this will take quite some time to complete, but one at a time will get it done, and it will definitely be fun!  These will all be the same size (11 X 14), and I'll be providing open-edition giclee prints of them.

I've also decided to start a series of musical instruments, inspired by a new friend, who's father played a really cool '59 Gibson Sunburst guitar.  I've been researching and I'll be photographing lots of instruments in the next few weeks.  Like my "Portrait of Red Boots", these will be portraits.  I feel that a musical instrument can have an aura of it's own, given to it by the loving hands that played them, and I hope to portray that feeling in the paintings.  I'm planning to begin the series as soon as I finish my two gift paintings, so I should be started on it by the end of the year.  For these paintings, there will be various sizes.  I want to choose the size and shape to fit the instrument.

So that will be it for a while as far as series go - these two will keep me busy, that's for sure!  Along with the two series, I'll still be painting other subjects; I'll be doing several small still-life paintings from life to hone my skills (you should see all the props I've collected over the years!) and, of course, commissioned paintings whenever they are requested.

2 comments:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    Alisha
    http://sketchingdrawing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alisha; I really appreciate your comments. You could become a follower if you want.

    ReplyDelete