WELCOME TO MY ART WORLD!

Welcome to my Art World! This is where it's all about me! Seriously, this will be a journal of my life in my art world. I'll post my works in progress, talk about my feelings, share my plans, dreams, and goals. Facebook is OK, but here, it's more personal. I hope you enjoy it!

I hope you'll feel free to comment - I encourage you to do so.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The last 10 months!

I know it's been 10 months and much  has happened in that time!  The last post is about being at American Visions Gallery; that's not the case now.  American Visions Gallery moved across the street from their original location on Sutter Street in Folsom, and in the down-sizing process, requested that I take my work out.  I appreciate still the efforts  of Giovanna Stark, the gallery owner, on my behalf.

At this point, I was free to seek other avenues through which to show my work, and decided to just do a Google-search.  I searched for "best art gallery in Sacramento", and the Kennedy Gallery came up.  They were voted "Best Art Gallery in Sacramento" last year.  I looked up the site, emailed a letter and some images of my work to Michael Kennedy, the gallery owner.  Long story short - I ended up joining the Kennedy Gallery Art Center as of February of this year.  I love being a part of such a vibrant gallery, teeming with wonderful artists, and art-lovers.  The April Flowers show motivated me to paint three more florals, and the 20-20 show paintings (26 in all) were so fun to do!  The show will be on the walls until June 4th.

Here's a photo of my son visiting the gallery; standing beside one of my new floral paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment