WELCOME TO MY ART WORLD!

Welcome to my Art World! This is where it's all about me! Seriously, this will be a journal of my life in my art world. I'll post my works in progress, talk about my feelings, share my plans, dreams, and goals. Facebook is OK, but here, it's more personal. I hope you enjoy it!

I hope you'll feel free to comment - I encourage you to do so.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

2nd Saturday at Kennedy Gallery!

I'm busy working on getting ready for 2nd Saturday at Kennedy Gallery Art Center, still hoping to have the daisies painting ready to take in!  I had a little minor surgery (nothing serious, no worries), which did, however, distract me for about 10 days!  Now I've committed to doing a series of 12 new paintings, 12 x 12, for the December show at the gallery, named "Twelve Days of Christmas".  I've decided to call my exhibit "The Christmas Quilt".  Phase 1 is finished, and will dry for a couple of days while I work on the daisies!  Perfect timing!   I'm doing 15 so that I have extras.  I'm doing them all at once, like an assembly line process.  Like a quilt, the use of colors will be repeated throughout.  Each piece will be great alone, as well as the entire series displayed together will look like a complete quilt, quilting stitches and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment