WELCOME TO MY ART WORLD!

Welcome to my Art World! This is where it's all about me! Seriously, this will be a journal of my life in my art world. I'll post my works in progress, talk about my feelings, share my plans, dreams, and goals. Facebook is OK, but here, it's more personal. I hope you enjoy it!

I hope you'll feel free to comment - I encourage you to do so.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Own Gallery!

I've wanted my own gallery for a long time and now I have it!  I love it!  It's small, cozy, friendly, inviting, and mine!  I'll attach a photo!  2nd Saturday was slower than last month, but as always, it's fun to talk with art lovers and other artists!  I really love that!

Next month the building will have AC, thank God!  The Rainbow Chamber of Commerce is having a special event at the gallery Tuesday night, so I'll be there for that - sounds like fun - lots of people will be there.

Nanette Oleson is the guest artist out in the front part of Kennedy Gallery; her work is fabulous!  She obviously loves painting, and uses lots of color and colors bounce all over the place in her work, and you know I love that!  Her brushstrokes are semi-thick impasto and look like they were really fun to do.  She makes me want to do more alla prima and plein air work!  Her work is really worth coming in to see.

My gallery for this month is pretty varied in style.  I wanted to show that variety of subjects and styles that I do!  I know some artists become well-known for a specific style, or specific subject-matter in their work.  I just haven't been able to get that focused on one aspect of art.  I just get bored with that.  I want to paint whatever I'm in the mood to paint, so I guess I'll just keep doing that until I feel like changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment