WELCOME TO MY ART WORLD!

Welcome to my Art World! This is where it's all about me! Seriously, this will be a journal of my life in my art world. I'll post my works in progress, talk about my feelings, share my plans, dreams, and goals. Facebook is OK, but here, it's more personal. I hope you enjoy it!

I hope you'll feel free to comment - I encourage you to do so.

Friday, February 12, 2010

02-12-10

I've been working at the shop these days, as we lost our bookkeeper; her last day is tomorrow, so I've been spending alot of time with her to make sure I know what to do and where stuff is.  I'll be taking over for her as of the 15th, so that will be pretty much full time for a while, until I get things organized for my way of doing things, etc.  I'm not accustomed to working a full-time job, so I'm tired, but I'll get used to it.

The job certainly cuts into my painting time for a while, but it's necessary, so nothing to do but have fun while I'm doing it.  I try to have fun no matter what I'm doing.  I was able to start on the Gibson L5 painting, though.  Progress will be slower than usual for me, but that's ok - as long as I get to paint, I'll be happy.  It will take me some time to adjust to the new schedule.  The sketch for this painting took a month to complete, as I'm so determined to paint either from life or from my head as much as I can now.  Most of this one is from my head, and the guitar is placed in a different position than the one I have photos of.  The upper right part of the painting will  have paintings on the wall, and the table will have a vase with a bouquet of flowers in it.  It's been kind of fun doing this interior scene - I get to design the room and decorate it on the canvas, which is 18 x 24.  I also like that I'm making up a story to tell in the painting.  I'm not telling what the story is, as I want to hear what you think is happening in the scene.  That way I'll know if I'm successfully portraying the story.  I'm enjoying it very much. 

I'm working on the sketch for the next one now, too.  It's also an interior scene, much larger than the Gibson L5 - it's 36 x 48 (the largest one I've ever done) and will be telling a story.  I'll post it as soon as I get it on the canvas.  I can't predict when, but I'll get it done; of that you can be sure!


I would love to hear what you think the story is in this painting....

No comments:

Post a Comment